LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 2017
Bizly, Inc. (“Bizly,” “we,” “us” or “our”) has created this mobile application, website, and web-based application at www.bizly.com (collectively, the “Application”) to provide individuals and businesses with a convenient forum to view information about meeting rooms and other conference space (“Meeting Rooms”) that are available for short term rental and the ability to reserve such Meeting Rooms.
The Types Of Information You May Provide. Information we may collect when you visit our website or register to use our Application and participate in our Services falls into three broad categories, as follows:
- Personally Identifiable Information. We use the term “Personally Identifiable Information” to mean any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, email address, date of birth, financial information, or any combination of information that could be used to identify you. We collect and use Personally Identifiable Information in the manner described in Section 3 (Our Uses of Your Personally Identifiable Information). You can always decline to supply Personally Identifiable Information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain services.
- Activities Information. We use the term “Activities Information” to refer to information collected by so-called “persistent identifiers” such as cookies and web beacons. Unlike Personally Identifiable Information, Activities Information does not directly identify a particular person; the Information, however, is or can potentially be linked to a particular computer or device. Activities Information is collected and used in the manner described in Section 4 (Our Collection and Use of Activities Information).
- Aggregated Statistics. We use the term “Aggregated Statistics” to mean information that does not identify you and that is not linkable to a device or computer you use. Aggregated Statistics includes statistical information concerning, for example, (i) how users generally use our services, and (ii) which pages they visit most frequently. Section 5 (Our Collection and Use of Aggregated Statistics) describes our collection and use of Aggregated Statistics.
- Site Visitors May Only Provide Anonymous Information. As a Site Visitor, we allow you to decide whether you wish to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information. Accordingly, we have structured our website so that you may visit our site, and review selected information about our Services, without revealing your identity or providing any Personally Identifiable Information. The only information we collect from your visit will be Anonymous Information. Our obligations concerning, and permitted uses of, Anonymous Information are set out below in Section 4.
Comments; Feedback. You may wish to provide us with comments and feedback concerning our Application. By communicating with us for these purposes, you may provide us with your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information.
Questionnaires and Surveys. Our Application may allow you to participate in surveys and/or questionnaires, which we may post on the Application from time to time. You are free to choose whether you participate in a survey or questionnaire. We may ask that, in addition to providing your responses, you also provide Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information. Survey and questionnaire information may be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and appeal of this Site.
Email List. You may choose to sign up for our email list, in which we send you emails with information on deals, news, and events. In addition, if you are a Registered User or have previously provided Bizly with your email address, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information, and will use Personally Identifiable Information to send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 8 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
Our Collection and Use of Activities Information. We and certain Vendors operating on our behalf collect Activities Information about your activity on our Site. In addition, advertisers and other third parties might collect Activities Information via our Site. The following further summarizes the Activities Information that is collected, and the purposes for which the Information is used:
- IP Addresses; Logs. Bizly may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Application is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Application. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. Cookies must be enabled on your web browser, however, if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Services.
- Click-Throughs. We may send email messages, which use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Application. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 8 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
We Do Not Disclose Site-Directed, Personally Identifiable Information to Unaffiliated Third Parties; Limited Exceptions. We will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except in the following limited circumstances:
- Bizly Vendors. We may employ other companies, including Payment Processing Companies, to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or maintaining the Application, providing services related to the website and/or Application, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information with these companies (collectively, “Vendors”). We will provide Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and we will not allow them to use your Personally Identifiable Information for any other purpose.
Legal. Bizly will reveal your Personally Identifiable Information to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, you should visit the following site:http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/index.html